The IEE programme includes actions supporting:
Energy efficiency and rational use of energy (SAVE), through:
- improvement of energy efficiency and the rational use of energy, in particular in the building and industry sectors;
- supporting the preparation of legislative measures and their application.
New and renewable energy resources (ALTENER), through:
- Promoting new and renewable energy sources for centralised and decentralised production of electricity, heat and cooling and thus supporting the diversification of energy sources;
- Integrating new and renewable energy sources into the local environment and the energy systems;
- Supporting the preparation of legislative measures and their application.
Energy in transport (STEER), through:
- Supporting initiatives relating to all energy aspects of transport and the diversification of fuels;
- Promoting renewable fuels and energy efficiency in transport;
- Supporting the preparation and application of legislative measures.
Integrated initiatives, through:
- Integrating energy efficiency and renewable energy sources in several sectors of the economy;
- Combining various instruments, tools and actors within the same action or project.